Twin Cedars Bank has an entry level opportunity for students to learn banking. Those who participate in the program may have an opportunity to step into a full-time position after the terms of the internship are completed.
Twin Cedars Intern Candidates can apply for Summer Internships, Semester Internships as well as annual internships. Based on the level of experience of the candidate the position may be paid or unpaid. Tuition forgiveness may be offered with a full-time job offer at the end of the internship program.
About the Program:
At Twin Cedars, interns have an opportunity to learn how to make efficient and accurate banking transactions; work the teller line, handling loan request and opening and closing accounts in support of Bank priorities and strategic objectives. Interns will also get an opportunity to review the bank’s strategic planning process, loan process and join loan committee meetings.
- Interns will be able to join Commercial Bankers on business calls and meet business owners
- Interns will job shadow bankers in operations, customer facing roles, and they will have an opportunity to spend time with the Senior Lender, President of Southeast Markets and the CEO.
- Interns will have an opportunity to attend the Board of Directors Meeting
General Learning Opportunities:
They will learn how to accurately open and close accounts in accordance to operating controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer assets
They will learn how to assist customers with loan request and process which includes taking an application, collecting the required documentation for the loan, discussing the request with an approver and closing the deal
They will learn and understand of the new accounts system database to manage and maintain customer account information
Performs duties for entry/exit for safe deposit box customers, and opens & closes safe deposit boxes by following safe deposit box policies & procedures
Assists customers with telephone inquiries to provide solutions to their banking needs
Assists customers with routine account-related requests; researches and resolves account service inquiries/issues; and responds to client inquiries promptly, effectively, and professionally
Performs teller responsibilities in accordance with the Teller job description
Utilizes excellence customer service to build relationships by actively recommending new and existing products and services to current and potential customers
Assists with efforts to identify and implement a positive overall customer experience
Contributes towards fostering teamwork within the department
Assist in Compliance Review and Bank Secrecy Act
Performs other duties as assigned by leadership
It will be important that interns entering our program embody our Vision, Mission and the fundamentals of the “Twin Cedars Way” .
“We want to build a bank our customers, communities and people can be proud to have in their lives.”
“To provide customers with great experiences, be engaged in our communities and enable our people to be their best self.”
Values and the Twin Cedars Way:
- We take pride in our work.
- We help people by making customers lives easier
- We value time and act with urgency
- We treat the people in our lives with dignity and respect
- We are part of the path forward in our communities
- We do the right thing – not the easy thing
- We embrace a growth mindset.
- We ask, learn, and grow; our bank, our people and our communities
Education & Work Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of general work experience during high school.
- Understanding of how to use Microsoft Products (word, excel), ability to learn new software’s
- All job offers are subject to background reviews
- Some paid internships may be eligible for benefits